Pre and Post Care
Thread Lift Pre/Post Treatment Instructions:
To minimize bruising avoid the following blood thinners ~3 days prior to treatment: baby aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, multivitamins, vitamin E and D, and fish oils – they can cause you to bruise more easily. Note: please consult with your prescribing physician before discontinuing any prescribed baby aspirin or blood thinners.
Please do not drink alcohol for 7 days prior to the procedure.
Please do not smoke 2 days before and 2 weeks after treatment as this will affect wound healing.
Do not schedule any dental work, including cleanings, 2 weeks prior to treatment.
We always recommend using sunscreen to protect your skin as we will not perform the treatment on sunburnt skin. Please use care when in the sun and in the days prior to your appointment. Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking, as well as any
changes in your medical history.
You are not a candidate for MINT Threads if you:
◦ are pregnant or breastfeeding
◦ are allergic to any of its ingredients
◦ have an acute illness or autoimmune deficiencies
◦ have a bleeding disorder
◦ have keloid or hypertrophic scarring
Thread Lift Post-Treatment Instruction:
- DO know that it is common to feel some tugging and soreness as you move the treated area. These feelings diminish after a week or two.
- DO go back to everyday life (i.e. driving, eating (avoiding aggressive or prolonged chewing), walking, etc.) right after the procedure. See notes about exercise in “Don’t” section. Do apply a cool compress ( in 30-minute increments over the first 24 hours to
reduce swelling. Please be aware that using ice on newly injected skin, or thin and fragile skin,
can cause injury.
Frostbite can occur from ice left on the skin too long. Note: do not ice over the entry point.
Do use Arnica for bruising. The bruising will dissipate over the next 7-14 days depending on your individual healing process.
Do use bromelain for swelling that has not dissipated in 24 hours.
Do sleep on your back (if possible) for the next 3-5 days to prevent movement of threads.
- Do return to your skin care program after 24 hours.
- Do (if prescribed) take your full prescription of your antibiotic or anti-viral medication.
- Do manage any pain or discomfort by taking only Tylenol as per recommended dosing instructions. Due to threads being placed in the skin, there may be discomfort and tightness in the area for several days after the procedure, this will decrease over time.
- Do contact your injector following the Thread Lift procedure if you develop any new or worsened swelling, tenderness, warmth, or redness in the treated area, or if you’re experiencing any discharge from the entry point(s).
- Do make a follow-up appointment with your injector 1-week post-treatment – communication is so important.
- DO NOT touch your entry points for 48 hours. If applying a cool compress, avoid contact with the entry points.
- Do not massage the treatment area or receive deep facial massage for the next 2 months.
- Do not pick at the tiny scab that will form at the entry point over the next few days. If it itches, hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip may be gently applied to the site, or an oral antihistamine such Benadryl can be taken.
- Do not lay down either on your back or on your stomach for 4 hours after the procedure to decrease the possibility of the movements of threads.
- Do not exercise for 4 weeks. This includes all strenuous workouts. Walking is permitted.
- Do not take a shower or wash your hair for the first 24 hours. Avoid hot showers for one week.
- When washing face after 24 hours, gently wash the required area with cleanser (recommended by your injector) and water. It is fine to shampoo and wash over the entry point and to towel off the area.
- Do not take a hot tub, or sauna for one week.
- Do not smoke or consume alcoholic beverages (includes wine) for 1-2 weeks. Smoking and drinking will slow down the healing process.
- Do not apply skin care products/makeup for 24 hours post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup over the entry point until you see your clinician at your follow-up appointment.
- Do not make exaggerated facial expressions for about 2-3 weeks. Avoid aggressive or prolonged chewing, wide yawning, or smiling too large for up to 1 month.
- Do avoid dental work, including cleanings, for 4 weeks. Should you have a dental emergency, please contact your injector.